BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   RunKeeper.... alternatives? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=216668)

somerandomguy 01-13-2010 07:17 PM

RunKeeper.... alternatives?

Just got my 8900... it has a GPS and i am happy as hell.

Now, i run - a lot. sometimes its in the gym, but i also go for runs arround my neighborhood / town.

I would love a way to keep track of distance covered, altitude, etc. like run keeper does for the iphone. Ive googleled around and i cant seem to find any application that will allow me track the distance and other details of my run like runkeeper does.

any anybody offer me any advice / alternatives for runkeeper for blackberry?

somerandomguy 01-14-2010 07:40 PM

Bump... and need to edit settings to subscribe via email

allenmarx 01-25-2010 08:54 PM

I would also like to see something like this.

somerandomguy 05-16-2010 07:07 PM

Woot. i found one. its called SportyPal and can track GPS based activities (runing / cycle) as well as indoor activities (lifting...)

Grnfinger 05-23-2010 06:17 PM

nice find, how well does it work b4 I pry open my wallet

Dubdub 05-23-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somerandomguy (Post 1547436)
Bump... and need to edit settings to subscribe via email

Please do not "bump" your posts as it makes the natives upset. Have patience as someone will be along to respond. Remember that we are all volunteers here.

Moved to the GPS section.

somerandomguy 05-23-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grnfinger (Post 1610074)
nice find, how well does it work b4 I pry open my wallet

Its free. it has a few bugs / hangups on my 8900, but nothing major.

Most notably, the registration (linking phone to online account) is a little wonky.

also, when you set you to start a workout, it tries to initialize the GPS, but that always sesms to cause it to hang.

what i do first is open up BB maps, have it acquire my exact position, then i start my workout and it only takes a few seconds to start up the gps.

other than those two things, its works pretty damn well. Hopefully they have plans to update their software.

BUC 05-24-2010 12:36 AM

BonesInMotion Active (BIM Active) I think its the best for cycling, running, jogging.... It shows map, charts (with pace and altitude), calories burned (though I don't entirely trust this, and comparison with previews laps (if you did more than 1 go)...

I totally recommend this, its Free for blackberry which I think its very special since most BB apps are overpriced and they charge to other phone brands...

Im not sure if its available for 8900 but you should definitely take a look...

BUC 05-24-2010 12:54 AM

I take it back.....

I just downloaded SportyPal and its way better! Great find.

MoniLuv 06-01-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somerandomguy (Post 1546822)
Just got my 8900... it has a GPS and i am happy as hell.

Now, i run - a lot. sometimes its in the gym, but i also go for runs arround my neighborhood / town.

I would love a way to keep track of distance covered, altitude, etc. like run keeper does for the iphone. Ive googleled around and i cant seem to find any application that will allow me track the distance and other details of my run like runkeeper does.

any anybody offer me any advice / alternatives for runkeeper for blackberry?

BlackBerry App World - RoadRunnerGPS

This app seems like a good alternative. It has good reviews. But beware, it requires BB Maps to function, which I am having problems downloading unfortunately. Without BB Maps, the app won't work. If I get this issue resolved before this evening, I will be taking a run tonight :)

thunder33cat 06-03-2010 01:57 PM

There's also MapMyRun, but it has a monthly fee for the BB program (the iPhone one is free??)

appvanced 06-12-2010 03:37 PM

Hey Folks!

I'm kind of a "quasi" newbie here. I love checking out these forums, but have never been active until now. I'm passionate about Blackberry and am also an avid runner and as a result, I created a running app for Blackberry users. It's called Footnotes and it will help you track your TIME, DISTANCE, PACE, and CALORIES burned! It also stores your runs and enables you to review your stats and plot it on a map. Check it out at wwwDOTgetfootnotesDOTCOM* for more details and simple directions on how to download!

Happy Running!

*Sorry for the confusing URL, but as a newbie, apparently I cannot post direct links. I will update the link as soon as I get 10 posts or more!

kevin82 09-03-2010 02:14 PM

runtastic for tracking sport activities

Hi Guys,

I´m using runtastic for tracking my sport activities. It´s a good alternative to RK and there is also a community.

appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/12589

lebronx 09-15-2010 09:55 AM

+ 1 for Sportypal,
This app works great for gps tracking any outdoor workout...

vietdh 01-04-2011 07:09 AM

Re: RunKeeper.... alternatives?

I can't download via appworld. Please help me to zip all file for runtastic application. Thanks so much for all
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Sytner 01-04-2011 07:49 AM

Re: RunKeeper.... alternatives?

I have used SportyPal in the past and it is pretty good, especially considering that it's free software.

Although more recently I have used miCoach by adidas, it is free also and it tracks in a lot more detail to SportyPal and can be set for intervals, etc. It even tells you when your shoes need replaced.
Get it here: BlackBerry App World - adidas miCoach