BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9100 Series Discussion - Pearl2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Unable to register on BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261951)

poypoy 10-15-2012 04:40 AM

Unable to register on BlackBerry Network

Hello,

I've a really strange problem on two brand new BlackBerry 9105. I've bought them on a french supplier, I've put the SIM card on it and it was able to connect to the phone provider network. I can make calls, receive SMS but I can't register to the blackberry network.

I've check the host routing table and it is empty. I've changed of SIM card, tried with another operator and same problem. I've contacted the support of the phone provider and they said that this device is not recognized by BlackBerry system... what a nice surprise. They see it in their system as an old 5380 BB and they can't do nothing.

Does anyone may had this issue and have any clue on how to solve it? Btw, we did a full reset of the device and reload a default firmware configuration through the BB desktop manager.

Last important thing, we bought 2x 9105 and both have the same issue.

Any ideas are welcome.

Dubdub 10-15-2012 05:52 AM

Re: Unable to register on BlackBerry Network

Do you have a Blackberry data plan activated on your account?

poypoy 10-15-2012 08:07 AM

Sure, it was working on my prior BB. There is nothing wrong with the SIM card. I've put it back on my old BB and works perfectly.

Dubdub 10-15-2012 06:28 PM

You need to reregister this BB. BB uses the PIN to identify your device and where to send the data.

Try reregistering via the host routing table, but most likely you will need to call your carrier and give them the IMEI and PIN. This is assuming the device has not been blocked for any reason.

NJBlackBerry 10-15-2012 06:43 PM

Now if Swisscom doesn't have the Service Books for your new BlackBerry, that will cause you another set of problems.

poypoy 10-25-2012 09:46 AM

Hi,

thanks for your answers but I already did that and it doesn't work. Both phone providers said : "it seems that this device is not even recognized by BlackBerry, so it's impossible for us to register it into the BlackBerry system".

any ideas?

Dubdub 10-25-2012 12:46 PM

You said brand new 9105. Those haven't been new for at least a couple years. Perhaps they really aren't new at all?

rambo47 10-27-2012 04:43 PM

If that particular device was activated on another user's data plan, even a demo in a store, it may still be registered to that old data plan. You have to make sure the prior owner gets the PIN released from the original account.