BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   White Screen wows (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=261342)

BaSolo 09-01-2012 12:47 AM

White Screen wows

I was surprised this afternoon when I pulled out my BB to find a white screen. I tried all of the normal stuff (pulling out the battery, pulling out the memory card and even the sim card and then rebooting. When rebooting it has a partially darker white on the left 2/3rds of the screen. Once it has finished rebooting (I am making an assumption here) the screen turns all white again. It has not been wet nor in a humid situation (although as a precaution I have it in a bag of rice). The phone works and I can call with it.

This evening I did a backup and it seemed to function properly but the screen remains white. Would there be something I am missing? I have tried to update the software from 6.0 bundle 1306 but it never gets past 482kb of 538kb that it is trying to download. This is not a new issue however. All of the synchronization seemed to work fine as well. :?

aiharkness 09-01-2012 12:43 PM

Re: White Screen wows

Do a search on white screen and read. Short answer is the cause is most likely physical damage associated with the display.

Not sure why you can't upgrade. Typically this works, just as all other functions, except the display. The problem is most likely unreleated to the screen problem. Could be the computer, the connection, who knows right now. But it's a separate issue from the screen, very probably.

Still, it won't hurt to troubleshoot the upgrade probablem and complete an upgrade, and see what happens.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Blackberrymedic 09-20-2012 11:58 AM

Blackberrymedic 09-20-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaSolo (Post 1786679)
I was surprised this afternoon when I pulled out my BB to find a white screen. I tried all of the normal stuff (pulling out the battery, pulling out the memory card and even the sim card and then rebooting. When rebooting it has a partially darker white on the left 2/3rds of the screen. Once it has finished rebooting (I am making an assumption here) the screen turns all white again. It has not been wet nor in a humid situation (although as a precaution I have it in a bag of rice). The phone works and I can call with it.

This evening I did a backup and it seemed to function properly but the screen remains white. Would there be something I am missing? I have tried to update the software from 6.0 bundle 1306 but it never gets past 482kb of 538kb that it is trying to download. This is not a new issue however. All of the synchronization seemed to work fine as well. :?

Needs a new screen fitting

dc/dc 09-20-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackberrymedic (Post 1788112)
Needs a new screen fitting

No.

nobody7290 09-22-2012 04:59 AM

Unlikely, but, worth a try:
I recently had a discussion about this topic with someone else. Finally, it turned out, the battery had some kind of defect. After replacement of the battery everything was ok again.

if you know someone who uses the same kind of battery, ( 9000, 9700, 9780 ), then try this out before replacing the display.