View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation ANNOUNCED AT WES 2009: New BB "Alpha 1" BT Headset! ^_^

Please Login to Remove!

I just discovered THIS ARTICLE at the Boy Genius Report, and I'm quite surprised that no one's talking about it yet! RIM, it would seem, will be releasing a BRAND NEW BlackBerry Bluetooth headset, possibly as soon as this month or sometime in July!

Here's the details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius Report
New Bluetooth headset
  • Codenamed "Alpha 1"
  • Black with chrome BlackBerry logo (text is omitted)
  • Dedicated on / off switch
  • Dial / hangup button
  • Over the ear loop design with ergonomically molded in-ear bud, slightly smaller than both the Jawbone PRIME and barely larger than the BlueAnt Q1
  • Noise cancellation technology
  • Emphasis on ease of use and simplistic design
  • microUSB charging port (the new standard for all RIM devices)
  • Ability to listen to music (mono) and listen to voice command-enabled GPS navigation apps
  • Possibility of text to speech and speech to text sometime in the future
  • "Competitively priced"
When discussing how well the Alpha 1 fits in the ears compared to competitors, (RIM’s Antoine Boucher, Vice President, Accessories Integration) told us that the Alpha 1 is as good if not better than any headset currently on the market but was careful to note the reality which is that it’s impossible to design a headset that will fit everyone perfectly. In fact according to Boucher, who worked closely with a company who specializes in all things audio, there are 30 distinct shapes of human ear and means a lot of work went into designing a headset that can accommodate the most common shapes within the population.
So, anyone else excited about this?

I'll admit, I've never used the previous BlackBerry Bluetooth Headset model. I've been perfectly happy with my Jawbone. BUT... Aliph has changed. They no longer seem interested in making a Jawbone headset that can fit MY ear, as both the Jawbone 2 and the new Jawbone Prime won't stay on my ear. My Jawbone won't last forever, and will eventually need to be replaced, so maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll find that the Alpha 1 will make a better replacement than the current Jawbone models!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this announcement?

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Offline   Reply With Quote