View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #15
F0nage
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None

Nokia software is piss poor. But the aftermarket has some oustanding apps. You have many good browser choices including native flash support on Nokia's browser. I have sftp and ssh clients, an ntp client, several messengers and an excellent task manager on my Nokia, all essentially freeware.

I'm also trying to decide between an E72 and an 8900. I'm sick of fighting the lack of a keyboard and I'm sick of Nokia's policy of having their paying customers alpha test their crappy releases. But the E72 seems to be a good phone running the relatively more stable 3rd edition OS and also has 3G which helps in my area when I use it. I use wifi 95% of the time. Nokia also has a good user community and a lot of support.

Blackberry ropes you into their own servers and BIS and we saw over the last few weeks what that can mean when you need your email *now*. I don't live in a big city or even a city at all, so I'm not sure if it will work for me and the plans are definitely more expensive. However, the Blackberry hardware and native software gets high marks and a lot of loyalty from their users, that tells me something. I'm thinking I would really like having one. I just need heavy-duty email, reliability and long battery life. I already have a Nokia 5800 for almost everything else.

Last edited by F0nage; 12-27-2009 at 05:51 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote