View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
MitchellBBPearl8230
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8230
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Regular phone ("NORMAL") and "VIBRATE" modes. My new settings ...

<rofl> OMG, that's too funny for words!! <g> I had everything working except in vibrate mode. Was not getting the voice mail notification there, at all. Well, d'uh! Turns out that as you pointed out, I was in the wrong profile for incoming calls! <lol> Too funny. I switched over to Normal and changed the settings for both and so far, so good!

For new BB users like me, this might be helpful ...

Via pressing on the Speaker icon in home screen, I chose ADVANCED at the bottom, below all the listed profiles.

From there I chose to edit each of the 2 profiles in _both_ "in-" and "out of the holster" here are the settings I chose:

VIBRATE

CALENDAR (for meeting notifications):
========
- TONE
- RingTone: Notifier_ChiGong (has 1 "bong" sound only, least intrusive)
- Volume: Low
- # of beeps: 1

LEVEL 1 [which I assume is term that means incoming calls (??)]
======
- TONE
- RingTone: Vibrate
- # of beeps: 3

SMS TEXT (voice mail)
========
- TONE
- RingTone: Notifier LightSpeed

Then for when I switch the phone off vibrate mode at the end of the day and then back to regular phone ...

NORMAL

CALENDAR (left same as above, no need for anything different)
========
- TONE
- RingTone: Notifier_ChiGong (least intrusive)

LEVEL 1 [incoming calls (??)]
======
- TONE
- RingTone: my favourite ringtone
- Volume: High
- # of beeps: 3 (left at 3 but don't know if this actually does anything since I'm using an MP3)

SMS TEXT (voice mail) - IMPORTANT one here since I miss calls when in high noise level situations
========
- TONE
- RingTone: Notifier LightSpeed
- Volume: HIGH (to hopefully always hear above ambient noise)
- # of beeps: 3 (maximum # of beeps)

Time will tell if I have it right but I just tried both phone profiles and left myself a message during each one. Seems to be doing the job okay. I might not need a 3rd party for this. I hope not; it's always ideal when you're able to use what's on hand.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I somehow got onto the PHONE ONLY profile early on and I stayed there. But the notifications were definitely not working as they should when in vibrate mode. Seems to be okay now but I'll see how things work as time goes by.

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote