View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Just a good morning rant

I disagree with your entire line of thinking on this.
I, too, have been a BES admin for a long time, but I'm certainly not going to limit myself and co-workers to BlackBerry only. Every user has different needs and wants... especially executives.
I welcome the opportunity to fit any smartphone into our environment. It not only expands my own personal knowledge but also allows the users to be happy and stay on the cutting-edge of technology.

RIM is rapidly falling behind in the so-called "smartphone wars". In my opinion, they're becoming more irrelevant every day.
iOS and Android devices already own the consumer space and are rapidly moving into the enterprise space as well. They're good devices and provide adequate security for most organizations. Not everyone needs or wants the security that BES provides. ActiveSync might be good enough, and this makes it very easy to find iOS and Android devices working their way into your network.

Do yourself a favor, and accept that iOS and Android smartphones are becoming more relevant in the enterprise space. Learn about them, adopt them, and don't be so bitter about it.
Offline   Reply With Quote