Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #43
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
A distirct manager in NY told me about this and that is the reason that all is a final sale. So if they show it as final sale (which one would have to depend on warantee for issues and can not retrun to any store for exchange). In NY they will only have 2 stores open and those are in NYC. Current employees were told they have a job there for the next 3 months and then that is it after that.
They closed one store in Phoenix last October, and the process appears to be the same. Now they are closing all the stores in Arizona, save a single Tucson store. Basically, they no longer honor any sales price (web/circular/etc). They mark stuff down as they go - currently everything* in the AZ stores is 20-30% off of their normal, non-sale price. I was looking at their 2GB micro SD - they ran an ad that said they were on sale for $49... but the list price was something like $89 with 10% off of that - all sales final.

As usual, the everything* excludes a lot of stuff - computers, iPods, memory (10%).

It's a wonder they stayed around this long. I got in an argument with one of their arrogant "sales clerks" about how online IS ALWAYS cheaper than the brick and mortar store... anyway I put "sales clerks" in quotes because during this closeout/clearance, you can't get anyone to help you - they just walk around talking to each other.

BTW, I did pick up a BB 8700 for one of my daughters for $150 (and a Moto SLVR L7 for $125) w/o contracts at the store that closed in October...

So, keep an eye out, but watch them like a hawk.
Offline   Reply With Quote