View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #56
kyiakr

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up Just got bluetooth sync working

I am a newcomer to this site and I am very happy to find it as I have just bought a blackberry 8703e. I have been stuggling with this for several days and was on the phone with BB support today. Between what he told me and what I have read here I was able to have success.

To make a long suffering story short. I installed the software and drivers that came with my Targus ACB10US BT adapter. I connected to windows update and there were updates available for bluetooth (didn't see them until I had bluetooth installed) . I installed these. I then uninstalled the Targus software and drivers. I plugged the adapter in and windows XP SP2 found the new hardware and installed its drivers.
I was able to connect the devices via BT, complete the BB desktop BT config and sync. Now my computer detects the phone automatically and asks me if I want to sync. I respond yes and away it goes.

Also I checked my adapter specs on the Targus site and it indicates that it is using WIDCOMM software v1.4. So I'm assuming that the updates I installed from microsoft did something to allow me to "plug and play".

Hope this info helps someone else who is frustrated.
Offline   Reply With Quote