Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
pggolf

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default No Ringing

Please Login to Remove!

I have an 8820 with AT&T and live in Los Angeles County. I have a 2005 Toyota Prius. My problem is when I dial a number, my car bluetooth does not connect until the person answers the phone. And there is always a few seconds delay, so they say "hello" a couple times before they hear me.

Now, I think this is an AT&T issue. Reason being is when I drive into Ventura County, I do not have this problem. My phone "connects" to my bluetooth as soon as I hit the Send button and I hear the ringing in the speakers.

I noticed on the phone display that when I am in Los Angeles and Orange County, the phone will display "dialing", and does not change to "Connected" until after the other person answers the phone. As such, my Bluetooth does not connect until the phone says "Connected".

When I am in Ventura County, my phone displays "Connected" after I hit Send button.

Why this difference? Sounds like an AT&T thing that I may never be able to fix.

Any suggestions? I prefer to hear the phone dialing because I do a lot of business on the road and talk with clients and it is very frustrating.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Might be interesting to try the same dialing patterns and locations without the Bluetooth. If the same behavior occurs, then yeah, it's likely a carrier issue.
Closed Thread