BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
colbo

Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Giffgaff ( o2 network)
Default 9790 keeps crashing, turning off, battary drain. please help !!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 9790 second hand, the phone worked perfectly untill I topped up and activated bb internet services, then the phone started turning itself off while using internet ( facebook app, twitter app, and sky sports through the browser) ... Now unless I keep the charger plugged in it will just turn itself off, start to reboot then crash again half way through, and when it did come back on the battery would be completely drained.. I've factory reset twice, connected it to bb desktop once in a bid to update the os but claims I'm upto date with it, I no longer have access to a pc only the culprit device.... I factory reset earlier on today and since then I've been getting error messages null_rim_bb_addressbook_module:

And also several java error messages, I'm unable to access my addressbook, I can't make or receive calls and txts, I just receive that error message when I try. I'm at my witts end with this phone, need some assistance as I'm not very technical when it comes to blackberrys. Regards
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: 9790 keeps crashing, turning off, battary drain. please help !!

Sounds like you may have a couple of issues. One the battery may need to be replaced unless you have a physical problem with the charging in the BB.
The other may be a corrupted app. It could also be you dont have enough memory for the BB to function when an app is running.

If you do a wipe and not add any additional apps see if it clears the problems.
If the basic OS is corrupted then all you can do is do a full reload to see if that helps.
If everything fails and the phone has not been dropped or wet then it may be defective and need repair or replacement.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
colbo

Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Giffgaff ( o2 network)

Thanks for ur reply.... I deleted every app ( just use the browser now) but same issue within 5minutes of browsing it red lights and dies. I've rest it I don't know how many times now, my touchscreen has started playing up and can't access my phonebook,call log, txt messages, nor can I send/ receive calls and txts, been expecting some very important phone calls too which has pee'd me off, so far I've tried the phone with no simcard or SD card, still crashes... Reset to factory settings wiping all data about 8 times ... Still crashes ... Loaded up through desktop manager to update os... Saying I have the most recent update... Maybe a downgrade may work?? ... It seems to me like a hardware / firmware issue... Generally pretty good at fixing phones but blackberrys stump me. My main issue at the moment is all the java errors and the phonebook errors... There the ones stopping me from accessing phonebook etc, I can periodically live with it being on charge constantly but the errors with phonebook etc need rectifying immediatly, there's been no water damage / dropped while I've had the handset but like I said it is ( atleast) second hand. The battery looks clean, no erosion or water marks. And really can't afford a new one at the moment.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: 9790 keeps crashing, turning off, battary drain. please help !!

It does sound like a battery issue or a corrupted OS that a wipe will not totally correct.

some things that can cause your issues
defective battery
defective charger
corrupted OS
combination of battery, OS, lack of service from provider, corrupted OS or APP.

If you can borrow a battery to try that may help you decide.

JL Commander is a good fixer but you MUST read all the instruction to be very sure you understand and follow them.
Read the link on instruction for removing the OS and re-installing it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-jl_cmder.html
Closed Thread