Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #1
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;
Default Nav4All

Please Login to Remove!

I decided to try out Nav4All because and you get turn by turn audible alerts for free. I've used Telenav in the past and I often use BBMaps. I quit using Telenav as I don't really have use for the audible alerts and didn't use it that much so I figured I'd save $10/month and get Nav4All for the times I do want an audible alert.

I found the user interface not to be that smooth but maybe that'll change in time who knows. Anyways I found that Nav4All did accurately find me when I searched for my location but when I entered a destination it was way off. Out of 3-4 possible routes to get to a certain destination it would give me weird alerts such as "Exit Highway" where there was no exit and if anything exiting the highway would have taken me way off course anways. Other times it told me to go left where the only possible way for me to have gone was right as the place I was going to was on my right hand side. Going left would have had be go in a circle to get to that specific location.

I went into the settings and changed Driving Style to shortest, User Type to Cars. Are there any other settings I should change? Has anyone else found Nav4All to be somewhat inaccurate? I found Telenav and BBMaps to be quite accurate and debating if I should keep Nav4All or not.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
RickyG
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

I liked Nav4all the best out of all the free ones. It was preety acurate, withen 10 feet! The street I live on was just extended so nothig is updated and it brings me in the OLD way. I guess if I cannot find my way from there I am in serious trouble... All srvices are the same for that until the street gets remapped. I am using a Holux M1200, and that has issues with BT and my Perl...I guess there are complaints on that...

I decided to jump into a "pay" service and I am trying Mapquests Nav. I LOVE IT! I am more a geeky graphicial guy so it is more to satisfy that need ...LOL!

I am stil a Nav4alll fan and if I dont stay with Mapquest, I wil be going back to Nav.

RickyG

The other BB news site
Closed Thread