Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #41
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

Please Login to Remove!

Ya'll just need to ignore BFEINZIMER. Everyone needs something to stand/fight for in life....even if the cause is Don Quixote'esque. Hehe.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #42
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

desperation is so funny.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #43
BFEINZIMER

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Brian, we've been down this road with you before, and the only thing that was "proven" was that you scanned and posted a pre-release ad slick which specified NOTHING about GPS navigation capabilities.
Your proof was not proof. It was a pre-release ad... nothing more.

Your proof was debunked here, as well as the other three BlackBerry forums you posted it on.

Just drop it already.
I have a right to fight this...and exactly why does it not qualify? Because its a pre-release ad? Why EXACTLY does that make a difference? Also, please stop being so close minded and realize that US law mandates that all phones have GPS capabilites, but they put this as a highlighted feature...sure I'm beating this to death but they screwd up in their marketing dept...can't you see that? Sure we're all angry because they turned off our GPS but try not to beat down your fellow user because you have some bias going on...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #44
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

But it DOES have GPS, but only for 911 functionality.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #45
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER View Post
I have a right to fight this...and exactly why does it not qualify? Because its a pre-release ad? Why EXACTLY does that make a difference? Also, please stop being so close minded and realize that US law mandates that all phones have GPS capabilites, but they put this as a highlighted feature...sure I'm beating this to death but they screwd up in their marketing dept...can't you see that? Sure we're all angry because they turned off our GPS but try not to beat down your fellow user because you have some bias going on...
You can fight this all you want, but you're not going to "win" anything.
Your argument about Verizon turning off GPS is meritless. It was never turned on to begin with.

Closed minded? You're the one who won't see this situation from the other side of the fence. You still feel you're entitled to something, when you're not.
There is no US law that requires all phones to have GPS NAVIGATION capabilities. Phones must have location based services, for emergency use only. Whether this is handled by GPS, or ground based tower triangulation for E911 services... it's only necessary for emergency use. NOT for Navigation. Sure, the 8830 DOES HAVE GPS capabilities, but only enabled for emergency use on Verizon's network. This is their choice, and their right.

Be angry. Write letters. Call your lawyers. Whatever. You're wasting your time, and everyone elses with this nonsensical drivel that gets posted here for no other reason than to stir an already cooked pot.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #46
BFEINZIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
You can fight this all you want, but you're not going to "win" anything.
Your argument about Verizon turning off GPS is meritless. It was never turned on to begin with.

Closed minded? You're the one who won't see this situation from the other side of the fence. You still feel you're entitled to something, when you're not.
There is no US law that requires all phones to have GPS NAVIGATION capabilities. Phones must have location based services, for emergency use only. Whether this is handled by GPS, or ground based tower triangulation for E911 services... it's only necessary for emergency use. NOT for Navigation. Sure, the 8830 DOES HAVE GPS capabilities, but only enabled for emergency use on Verizon's network. This is their choice, and their right.

Be angry. Write letters. Call your lawyers. Whatever. You're wasting your time, and everyone elses with this nonsensical drivel that gets posted here for no other reason than to stir an already cooked pot.
Yes, like I said the law requires it for E911, maybe not GPS only (not sure of the exact law) but put everything aside and ask, what do they mean when they say "built in GPS capable"? Seriously I'm over this with you, myself, and a couple of other people can actually understand whats going on...
Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #47
test54
BlackBerry Master

that is the path you should have taken weeks ago, your not going to convince people in here. you and your couple of others are the one who will have to act for all of us who are ignorant of the might oppressor's plan to rule the world though fraudulant GPS ads.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #48
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

do yall want some cheese with the whine my god.

The JT ad poves nothing at all. It was a pre release ad that was pulled prior to the device hitting the shelves. Show me another add or dont bother posting because its a moot point.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #49
BFEINZIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post

The JT ad poves nothing at all. It was a pre release ad that was pulled prior to the device hitting the shelves. Show me another add or dont bother posting because its a moot point.
Ok yes its a pre-release ad, but how does that make it different? Why does the pre-release matter? Show me some kind of proof that backs you up...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #50
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
Quote:

Ok yes its a pre-release ad, but how does that make it different? Why does the pre-release matter? Show me some kind of proof that backs you up...
I don't have an interest in this fight. However, you guys are going around and around, to what end? Shake virtual hands and go to neutral corners. No one is going to win this argument on BBF.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #51
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
no need. I am not threatening to sue someone over non existant ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I don't have an interest in this fight. However, you guys are going around and around, to what end? Shake virtual hands and go to neutral corners. No one is going to win this argument on BBF.
burden of proof is on the plaintiff

Last edited by Dawg; 08-06-2007 at 04:52 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #52
BFEINZIMER

Honestly, I could go on forever about this....sadly its not going anywhere, on the forums...so I'm done with this thread lol
Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #53
Dawg
No longer Registered.

well then you must not be able to go one forever if you are giving up. But I am glad you are quitting so the thread will die.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #54
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

we'll rename this the Energizer Bunny thread.

All this time, and no class action yet?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #55
BFEINZIMER

Want a laugh? Check out WalMart.com and go to the VZW 8830...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #56
brittonx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Want a laugh? Check out WalMart.com and go to the VZW 8830...
So do we want to start a pool on how long it will take Verizon to make them change the pages?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #57
brittonx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Here is a link to the originating vendor:
LetsTalk.com - Browse for Cell Phones
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #58
test54
BlackBerry Master

Thumbs down

Quote:
well then you must not be able to go one forever if you are giving up. But I am glad you are quitting so the thread will die.
i guess you spoke too soon, this thread will not die. these guys want to keep going so that they can vent rather than actually wasting their money on a frivolous lawsuit.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #59
BFEINZIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
i guess you spoke too soon, this thread will not die. these guys want to keep going so that they can vent rather than actually wasting their money on a frivolous lawsuit.
In case you did not notice, the argument has stopped, and to enlighten you...if a class action was filed, the plaintiff does not pay attorney fees.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #60
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Speaking of enlightening: yes, the attorney fees routinely come from a percentage of the damages awarded, i.e., money that is awarded TO the plaintiffs and would be the plaintiff's money. So in essence and actuality, the plaintiffs do pay the attorney fees.

It sure don't come from marshmellow trees.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-06-2007 at 09:57 PM..
Closed Thread