BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
BerryCustoms
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMO
Default BlueTabs with calendar and weather (8900)

Please Login to Remove!

Theme name: Blue Tabs
Theme author: BerryCustoms
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 8900 Curve 4.6 and higher
Download Link(s): Purchase from the BlackBerryForums store http://www.blackberryapps.com/produc...052&n=BlueTabs
Theme Cost: $2.99

BlueTabs is our latest functional and professional theme for the Curve 8900.
  • 6 upcoming calendar entries with access to each and the application itself
  • 5 tabs (contacts, messages, emails, BBM, and voicemail)
  • 5 HIDDEN tabs (social site, media, radio, browser, and maps)
  • weather slot shown on the homescreen for use with your favorite weather app. Also shows on your lockscreen.
  • hotkeys : '0' opens BerryWeather if installed, '?' opens manage your connections, and 'space' opens QuickLaunch if installed
  • wallpaper friendly
  • hidden dock scrolls up and down when active/non-active

Another neat feature is the social site, radio, and maps tabs along with the weather slot. You can customize these to be whatever application you wish. They are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th applications in your application menu. So, if you want the 'social site' tab to open Facebook then make this spot #1 in your menu. On the other hand if you want MySpace then put it #1 in your menu. The same goes for the radio, maps, and weather!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
BerryCustoms

Edit : '$' opens the manage your connections. In the above post I accidentally listed '?'. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Pretty theme but...
The weather app must be in the 4th slot, so the 4th application is taken... Voicemail tab does not work and so is the Messages tab.
Messages tab does not indicate that there are new messages.

Last edited by zGuy; 10-27-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGuy View Post
Pretty theme but...
The weather app must be in the 4th slot, so the 4th application is taken... Voicemail tab does not work and so is the Messages tab.
Messages tab does not indicate that there are new messages.
Yes, the tabs which can be customized must be in a certain spot to open certain applications - this goes for IM, voicemail, radio, social site, maps, and weather. Not sure what you mean by 'taken'. You are only puting 6 icons in the first spots of your application menu to customize though - one scroll down to the next row will go to your others. Not a huge deal as far as we are concerned.

There is no need to have a notification on the message tab - look at the top of the screen and you will have all your notification icons for text, email, facebook, voicemail, etc, etc, etc as with any other theme. Now, if you are on the application screen then your messages icon will be normal and will have the regular notification on it as well as the one on the header.

Last edited by BerryCustoms; 10-28-2009 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
BerryCustoms

UPDATES due to requests :

1. I have made a second version which does not have the static calendar on the homescreen. Due to this the email tab has been removed and replaced with a calendar tab. For this reason, the messages tab now opens all emails, sms, and mms in that one folder. On the order page you will be able to select which version you want.

2. BBM tab has been replace with an IM tab and allows customization. Voicemail now allows customization as well. Here is the list of tabs and what slot will be opened in your application menu :

IM - slot 1
Voicemail - slot 2
Social Site - slot 3
Radio - slot 4
Maps - slot 5
Weather - slot 6
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryCustoms View Post
Not sure what you mean by 'taken'. You are only puting 6 icons in the first spots of your application menu to customize though - one scroll down to the next row will go to your others. Not a huge deal as far as we are concerned.
In order for the weather icon to work (in the "home screen" page), the weather app must be in the 4th tab.
Whatever I do with the "Voicemail" and "Messages" tabs: they do not work (nothing happens when I click them).

Quote:
UPDATES due to requests :

1. I have made a second version which does not have the static calendar on the homescreen.
Since I paid for the previous theme, can I get this one free of charge? I'd rather have this style, providing the issues I raised above are fixed. Again: It's a very pretty theme!
Thanks!

Last edited by zGuy; 10-28-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGuy View Post
In order for the weather icon to work (in the "home screen" page), the weather app must be in the 4th tab.
Whatever I do with the "Voicemail" and "Messages" tabs: they do not work (nothing happens when I click them).

Since I paid for the previous theme, can I get this one free of charge? I'd rather have this style, providing the issues I raised above are fixed. Again: It's a very pretty theme!
Thanks!
Yes, we have been very clear that all customizable tabs use certain positions in the application menu to open up your chosen apps. This is why the weather slot and others needs to be in certain positions. That is the only way to do it.

As for the messages tab it will open up the blackberry message folder and is not customizable. Originally the voicemail tab would open the blackberry visual voicemail application, as we also stated, but we have now made this customizable now. Sounds like you do not have the vvm app on your blackberry. There is no reason your message tab should not work though.

Either way, send our support an email from our site at BerryCustoms - Blackberry Themes with your issue and we will send you over the updated version.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
skdill

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Messages tab still does not work for me either... downloaded today

Last edited by skdill; 11-29-2009 at 09:47 AM..
Old 11-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdill View Post
Messages tab still does not work for me either... downloaded today
How about testing something for me?

If you click on the email tab is it showing your sms and mms messages as well as your emails? I bet it does.

This is because you have your phone options set to have all inboxes combined into one. If you select separate or theme controlled then you will find emails go in the emails tab and sms/mms go in the messages tab.

Simple as can be... issue solved.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
skdill

Model: Tour

Quote:
How about testing something for me?

If you click on the email tab is it showing your sms and mms messages as well as your emails? I bet it does.

This is because you have your phone options set to have all inboxes combined into one. If you select separate or theme controlled then you will find emails go in the emails tab and sms/mms go in the messages tab.

Simple as can be... issue solved.
Changing how they are sorted worked for me! I love the theme its so clean and professional. Looks like it could have come with the phone.

Side question: You said an email tab? I dont see an email tab as one of the ten tabs. Am i able to change the tab names? Or is there an options menu to change this?

Thanks so much! Love your product.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
berrygoodthemes

Model: 9000
Carrier: o2

excellent looking theme well done
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdill View Post
Changing how they are sorted worked for me! I love the theme its so clean and professional. Looks like it could have come with the phone.

Side question: You said an email tab? I dont see an email tab as one of the ten tabs. Am i able to change the tab names? Or is there an options menu to change this?

Thanks so much! Love your product.
If you do not have an email tab then it is because you purchased the version without the calendar entries on the homescreen. Tab names cannot be changed - they are actual graphic images.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
bruced

Model: 9630
Default I cannot change the default tabs.

I purchased the Version with the Calendar Entry on the home screen. I want to change the default tabs that are shown at the bottom of the home screen as I don't use IM, Voice Mail, Radio, Maps, etc. I clicked the "BlackBerry" button and changed the order of the icons shown. When I went back to the Home Page, nothing had changed on the home page. I have a Tour 9630 if that makes a difference and am running OS 5.0.0.230. Any suggestions on how to change the default tabs would really be appreciated as this looks like a great Theme.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
I purchased the Version with the Calendar Entry on the home screen. I want to change the default tabs that are shown at the bottom of the home screen as I don't use IM, Voice Mail, Radio, Maps, etc. I clicked the "BlackBerry" button and changed the order of the icons shown. When I went back to the Home Page, nothing had changed on the home page. I have a Tour 9630 if that makes a difference and am running OS 5.0.0.230. Any suggestions on how to change the default tabs would really be appreciated as this looks like a great Theme.
Yeah, the tabs are graphic images. You cannot change them - only customize those which can be to open the programs you wish when clicked.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
bruced

Model: 9630
Default This makes absolutely no sense.

Thank you for your reply.

That doesn't make much sense. I will not use IM, Voicemail, Social Site, Media, Radio, or Maps. This makes this otherwise great theme totally unusable to me. If I was able to customize the tabs, my problems would be solved. This purchase was a total waste of money for me.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
BerryCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruced View Post
Thank you for your reply.

That doesn't make much sense. I will not use IM, Voicemail, Social Site, Media, Radio, or Maps. This makes this otherwise great theme totally unusable to me. If I was able to customize the tabs, my problems would be solved. This purchase was a total waste of money for me.
As stated above, our site, and the purchase page you can customize those tabs to open whatever application you like by ordering apps in the application menu to correspond.

What you cannot change is the actual graphic image of the tabs.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #17
pgrudo01

Carrier: ATT

nice looking theme
Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #18
Corkeyy

Model: 9700
Carrier: A&T
Default Calendar???

I love the looks of the theme. However Non of my calendar entries show in the main screen. Am I overlooking something?
Closed Thread