BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
labuBold99

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom Postpaid
Default blackberry bold 9900 warranty...

Please Login to Remove!

hi guys, i'm new in this forum....

i have some question to ask..

a few week ago i have buy a new blackberry bold 9900 white color. it work great,after a few days later my bb got a broken screen... i don't know why it happen... my question is, do blackberry give warranty(brightstar) for broken screen? if not how much it cost for replace a new screen for blackberry bold 9900? and how long it takes?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: blackberry bold 9900 warranty...

The carriers handle device warranty (not RIM, manufacturer of BlackBerrys). That is the arrangement. So, you need to talk to your carrier, but I'm almost certain a broken screen is not covered.

Insurance is different from a warranty. If you have insurance, you need to talk to the insurance provider, unless you've been instructed to work with the carrier.

As far as Do It Yourself, I can't advise, except to say there are threads on this board and others in which suppliers are discussed. Until someone comes along with suggestions, you probably know the drill: search for sources, compare prices, read reviews, search the internet for independent information on the sources.

One other bit of advice... There can be several different screens used on a BlackBerry over time. Make sure you use the same one.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
labuBold99

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom Postpaid
Default Re: blackberry bold 9900 warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
The carriers handle device warranty (not RIM, manufacturer of BlackBerrys). That is the arrangement. So, you need to talk to your carrier, but I'm almost certain a broken screen is not covered.

Insurance is different from a warranty. If you have insurance, you need to talk to the insurance provider, unless you've been instructed to work with the carrier.

As far as Do It Yourself, I can't advise, except to say there are threads on this board and others in which suppliers are discussed. Until someone comes along with suggestions, you probably know the drill: search for sources, compare prices, read reviews, search the internet for independent information on the sources.

One other bit of advice... There can be several different screens used on a BlackBerry over time. Make sure you use the same one.
thanks for your advice.. I guess maybe there is no guarantee for a broken screen. maybe I should take it to a special service shop for my blackberry to replace a new screen and it may involve high cost. by the way thanks again...
Closed Thread