Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Marjorine

Model: 7520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default 7520 question regarding sim card

Please Login to Remove!

Tonight when I called Nextel to sign up for the BB plan for the BB my friend gave me, the first customer service rep went absolutely crazy when I told him I was switching my Sim from my i730 into the BB. My friend used to work for Nextel and he told me it was fine, but the guy on the phone started telling me "well, you shouldn't listen to your friend". He was extremely, extremely rude, and told me that it would ruin my BB sooner or later and that I am a moron. He ended the conversation by saying "Have fun in Mexico", then he transferred me to a Spanish speaking operator. Awesome!

Anyway...I called back, got a different guy, didn't even mention that I was transferring the sim from a regular phone, and 20 minutes later I am sending emails and using my BB as intended.

However, because of the first jerk I am concerned that I am ruining my Blackberry.

Can someone let me know if he is right?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

he was an ass youll be fine, I used a i730 sim card for two years with out one issue the service is the only thing on the sim.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

there was a time when Nextel you had to have a different sim for some phones but i believe that is no longer the case.

dude was entirely rude

the big deal is that with Nextel their Iden sim cards and IMEIs are paired together, ever try and go get a new sim card from nextel rarely do the store have any extras around.

you did the right thing calling back and getting a more knowledbeable rep sounds like this guy was new and just following the book
Old 10-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Marjorine

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Thanks so much guys!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
VintageDime

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I have an old 7520 laying around and my hubby's i760 quit working so I popped out his SIM and put it in the berry. It has been 2 weeks. No problems at all.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
jeffkoz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Fins UP!
Carrier: T-Mobile & Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDime View Post
I have an old 7520 laying around and my hubby's i760 quit working so I popped out his SIM and put it in the berry. It has been 2 weeks. No problems at all.
Just be careful. Nextel will add a BB plan to your account when they see the SIM in that 7520. They won't tell you, they just do.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
jeffkoz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Fins UP!
Carrier: T-Mobile & Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjorine View Post
Tonight when I called Nextel to sign up for the BB plan for the BB my friend gave me, the first customer service rep went absolutely crazy when I told him I was switching my Sim from my i730 into the BB. My friend used to work for Nextel and he told me it was fine, but the guy on the phone started telling me "well, you shouldn't listen to your friend". He was extremely, extremely rude, and told me that it would ruin my BB sooner or later and that I am a moron. He ended the conversation by saying "Have fun in Mexico", then he transferred me to a Spanish speaking operator. Awesome!

Anyway...I called back, got a different guy, didn't even mention that I was transferring the sim from a regular phone, and 20 minutes later I am sending emails and using my BB as intended.

However, because of the first jerk I am concerned that I am ruining my Blackberry.

Can someone let me know if he is right?

Thanks!
Welcome and Happy
You can learn TONS of stuff here.
Closed Thread