Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
phangs10

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Starhub
Default need help with BOLD bought in singapore

Please Login to Remove!

hi,

recently I bought 2 sets of Bold with no contract from MobileSquare in far east plaza. the shop assistant say that those phones are covered with a 1yr warranty from Starhub

when my sis in indonesia tried to register an account with the local provider, she has to key-in the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and the PIN no. which can be found in each phone. she managed to register 1 of the set but for the other 1, she got a reply that 'an account already exists for this PIN'

so i decided to visit the shop again to ask 4 assistance but the guy said he dont u'stand how blackberry phones work & i should call starhub instead. when i call them, the technician said that he never experience this problem n suggest that I call the indonesian provider to reset the PIN

will it work? anyone ever experience this??
another thing is I suspect that the guy in mobile square sold me a 2nd-hand set for the price of a brand new one. can I do anything about dis? maybe report to CASE?

greatly appreciate ur help guys.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by phangs10 View Post
hi,

recently I bought 2 sets of Bold with no contract from MobileSquare in far east plaza. the shop assistant say that those phones are covered with a 1yr warranty from Starhub

when my sis in indonesia tried to register an account with the local provider, she has to key-in the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and the PIN no. which can be found in each phone. she managed to register 1 of the set but for the other 1, she got a reply that 'an account already exists for this PIN'

so i decided to visit the shop again to ask 4 assistance but the guy said he dont u'stand how blackberry phones work & i should call starhub instead. when i call them, the technician said that he never experience this problem n suggest that I call the indonesian provider to reset the PIN

will it work? anyone ever experience this??
another thing is I suspect that the guy in mobile square sold me a 2nd-hand set for the price of a brand new one. can I do anything about dis? maybe report to CASE?

greatly appreciate ur help guys.
You were in fact sold a second-hand device, and you will need to have StarHub release the PIN. This happens to people on this forum quite frequently. You should ask to speak to very high-level tech support. RIM may also be able to help you.

As far as the shop in Mobile Square, I wouldn't even bother pursuing it. Although the device was used, it was probably not used for very long and is still in a like-new condition. Almost no one will discount a device that was simply returned the store unless it was actually broken.

BTW, where is Mobile Square? I will need to visit there next time I'm in SIN.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
phangs10

Carrier: Starhub

i ve called Starhub a few days ago and talked to the technician but he cant reset the PIN bcoz when he traced the no., it was not registered under any of their starhub shops (apparently mobile square was not 1 of theirs). i think i'll approach the shop again n ask 4 an exchange, if they refuse i'll just lodge a complaint to the consumer association.

anyway thanks 4 ur help bro..really appreciate it
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
abban
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Indosat

mobile square? how much did u get the bold for?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
tankee531
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel

hmm ... Mobilesquare is quite popular among websters in Singapore for phone without telco contract. I have purchased 2 phones from them in the past.

But selling second hand devices as brand new is a serious breach of trust.

anyway, for abban & dc/dc - just add .com.sg to mobilesquare for their website.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
DataCentre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 3GS
Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem on my first BB which was second hand. I called RIM directly and they released the PIN for me at no charge. Just talk to their CSR.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
Drakius.LiFE

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

To release the pin, you need to contact RIM techsupport, not the store or your wireless telco!

However, sometimes the techie from your wireless telco happens to be more experience, they will just escalate it to RIM instead.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
chrisxtremes

Model: 9000
Carrier: Leather

Buying a brand new phone should not be a problem. The shop is not trust worthy man. The most important thing you have to see is whether the package is sealed if you buy a new phone. Not sealed, don't buy. Btw, I'm also indonesian studying in singapore. Nice to meet U
Closed Thread